We all know that pets are one of the most beautiful blessings on the planet! But here are 19 reasons why we are lucky to have pets.
Pets are amazingly good for our health, mind because:
- They provide companionship and purpose.
- They lower blood pressure.
- They enhance our social lives, click making it easier to meet new friends – more interaction and less isolation.
- They help lower stress and elevated cortisol.
- People who own pets have a lower risk for heart attack and cardiac diseases.
- They teach us unconditional love.
- They help ease depression.
- They help our physical fitness by providing an exercise companion, ailment resulting in health benefits such as: lower cholesterol, a healthier heart, reduced stress, and stronger bones.
- Dogs can help support/teach us about arthritis management: if you and your dog both suffer from arthritis, you can coordinate taking supplements and keep each other exercising to keep excess weight off the joints.
- Dogs provide love and support when we are not feeling well.
- Service dogs can help people with disabilities maintain their independence.
- People who own cats suffer fewer strokes.
- They bring a calming presence (calms the nervous system and reduces stress).
- People who own pets have fewer allergies and stronger immunity.
- Cats can help children from developing asthma later in life (unless the mother has a cat allergy)
- One in three dogs has the ability to alert a diabetic owner of a dangerous drop in blood sugar before it happens
- Dogs can help people in therapy to get in touch with their feelings.
- Dogs can help children with ADHD learn to play and be responsible, learn about self-esteem, and exert excess energy. a dangerous drop before it actually happens
- Pets increase good-feeling chemicals like serotonin and dopamine, which are natural mood enhancers.
How lucky we are to have such companions. Hug and love and play with your pet today!