viagra portrait by Debra Saum” src=”http://www.propetsciences.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Romeo-portrait-by-Debra-Saum-198×300.jpg” alt=”” width=”198″ height=”300″ />
Did you know?
- Horses produce approximately 10 gallons of saliva each day.
- Horses can’t breathe through their mouths.
- Horses enjoy classical music.
- Horses are unable to vomit, and it’s incredibly dangerous if a horse chokes.
- Horses make 8 sounds: A Squeal, Snort, Nickers (one for greeting and one for courtship and a maternal one), Neigh, Blow, and a Roar.
- Horses can see in two directions at once (monocular vision). Like humans, they can also use both eyes to form one picture (binocular vision).
- Horses can see everywhere, except for two blind spots- directly in front of their faces (underneath the head) and directly behind them (a person can get kicked if they sneak up behind a horse and startle them). One directly in front of its face, underneath its head, and the other directly behind itself.
- Most horse breeds have 18 ribs, but the Arabian horse has 17.
- Most horses have 6 lumbar bones, the Arabian has 5.
- Most horses have 18 tail vertabrea, but the Arabian horse has 16.
- Horse’s leg joints are not fully grown until 3.5 years old.